Radijojo has been organizing international drawing competitions for already five years. The 2019 topics were the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations, among them:
• end poverty in all its forms everywhere,
• ensure inclusive and equitable quality education for all,
• achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls,
• take urgent action to combat climate change,
• conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
• protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems
• and strong global partnerships and cooperation to reach the goals by 2030.
Children between 10 and 15 years from India, Egypt, Senegal and Germany sent us their contributions.
Students of Papageno primary school in Berlin selected the best pictures. Important criterions considered by the jury in taking its decisions were not only the beauty of the drawing, but also how well the global goals were presented.
Here are the winners of all age categories:
10 to 11 years
1st place: Alaska from Berlin - Goal 17: Working together to implement the goals
2nd place: Rital from Kairo (Egypt) - Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation
3rd place: Hamza from Kairo (Egypt) - Goal 15: Life on land
12 to 13 years
1st place: Judy from Kairo (Egypt) - Goal 14: Life under water
2nd place: Razan from Kairo (Egypt) - Goal 14: Life under water
3rd place: Rohit from Kolkata (India) - Goal 15: Life on land
14 to 15 years
1st place: Cohen from Saint-Louis (Senegal) - Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation
2nd place: Assane from Saint-Louis (Senegal) - Goal 5: Gender equality
3rd palce: Olivier from Saint-Louis (Senegal) - Goal 5: Gender equality
Many thanks to all children and teenager who sent us their ideas. And of course - congratulations to all winners! The best three pictures of all age categories can be seen in Olof Palme Youth Center in Berlin until mid-February. Feel free to come by!