Wow – that was something very special, again:
We have joined the Photo competition of the UN Alliance of Civilizations, on the occasion of its 5th Global Forum in Vienna/Austria!аЂТ
We have worked in the three competition’s topics:
- Perspectives on Religious Pluralism (see here)
- Freedom of the Media Matters! (see here)
- A new Narrative on Diversity – which you can see in this blog section:
“Diversity in traditional morrocan culture”
From north to south and from east to west the morroccan traditions are varying, here represented by traditional clothing.
- The famous northern dress displaying bright colors.
- The dress Amazigh is characterized by masterly dress .
- The traditional dress of the south is to wear bright colors as a symbol of prestige.
- and the dress of Marrakech, which is different from the rest of Moroccan clothing because it is composed of a shirt and pants and it characterized by its special design.
“Diversity of Emotions”
Human beings are very complex, in this picture we show the diversity of emotions.
“Diversity of Talents”
Each one of us has a very special talent and all of us together we have many talents.
“Dual Personality- aggression vs. peacefulness”
The picture shows the differences and diversity of actions of a girl. This phenomenon explains the dual personality in each and every one of us; we behave good sometimes, and other times not, each person must must behave as good as he/she can to strengthen social relationships.
The “Making of” our contributions:
Our pictures are the results a a lot of work we invested together in our entries. More than 50 children and youth of our school joined in. As result, we are proud and excited that we successfully sent 11 entries of our young intercultural media activists & artists to the Vienna. We gave our very best; it was the first time for most of us that we participated in such an international activity.
First, we discussed the issues, drew sketches for the photos and noted our ideas.
All groups presented their reflections on the issues with the whole team.
We recorded this with audio since all photos, the discussion and the making of will be displayed in our blog futur.edublogs.org to share it with as many kids in Morocco and beyond as possible.
Then, each group splitted into sub-groups working on their photo. All the photo ideas are our own original ideas. We also shot most of the pictures themselves, learning how to use a professional camera.
All the descriptions for the pictures are also mostly made ourselves, too.
Stay tuned for more!
Please share feedback, ideas, comments!